Welcome to whatever is on my mind!

Some people use the term "nonsense" but I prefer to use the phrase "uncommonly sensed" because it's more reflective of creative types.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday the Thirteenth!


Triskaidekaphobia is fear of the number thirteen. I spelled it instead of writing the number here, just in case anyone reading this blog has this fear.
Wikipedia says that it comes from the Greek tris meaning "3", kai meaning "and", deka meaning "10" and phobia meaning "fear" or "morbid fear."  I’ve actually studied Greek, so I know that this translation is accurate (for you skeptics).
Paraskevidekatriaphobia is fear of Friday the thirteenth.  That’s today.
Triscuit-a-phobia is fear of Triscuits. It stems from the belief that excess fiber takes out your intelligence as it cleanses your colon. Or it could be related to the fear that crunchy food snacks may take over the world.
If you have Triskaidekaphobia and Triscuit-a-phobia don’t look at the photo below.  It could make you panic. If you also have Paraskevidekatriaphobia, then definitely don’t look at it today.
As for me, I’m off to buy my lottery ticket.  If everyone else is having bad luck today, then there must be a ton of good luck out there searching for someone who is fearless.

P.S. Thanks to my friend Craig Sullivan for giving me the idea for this post.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the idea of buying a Friday the 13th lottery ticket! I'm going to get one (or 13) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to blog about Metrophobia which is the fear of poetry, but now that I know about the Triscuit-a-phobia, my life is complete! Cute post! Good luck with the lotto!

    ReplyDelete