Welcome to whatever is on my mind!

Some people use the term "nonsense" but I prefer to use the phrase "uncommonly sensed" because it's more reflective of creative types.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Word of the Day


Neftzgerian |nǝf-zgur-ē-ăn|
adjective

1 Impossibly difficult to pronounce.

2 Lacking in vowels.

3 Uncommonly sensed.  (See my previous post for more on this topic).

ORIGIN
Authors imagination. Possibly Germany, although the author is not herself of German descent. It is rumored that she purchased the name at the Dollar General Store for half price because it was missing some vowels.

PHRASES
If you’re going to choose a stage name, try looking for something a little less neftzgerian than Fryptz Trwftysevy. It will never be spelled correctly in the credits!

That movie was so neftzgerian that I thought I was watching a documentary on creative government policies.



P.S.
I know that you’re not supposed to give yourself a nickname, but there are no rules against creating new words based on your own name.  Therefore I’ve taken the liberty of defining my own name as an adjective.  I think we can all agree that my definitions are fairly obvious. So let’s all try to start working this term into our everyday conversation now, shall we?

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm neftzgerianed out about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As well you should be. Thanks for stopping by, Eve - you always leave me with a smile when you've been here!

      Delete
  2. This post is very neftzgerianizing! The seriousness/gravity of the humor is really refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! It took a long time to accept my last name (Haight), but thankfully there's an interesting street in San Francisco that shares the name, which makes it a little cooler : ) ~ Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete